MagpieM's Art Emporium [HIATUS]Tutorial Tutorial
MagpieM's Art Emporium [HIATUS] 9
MagpieM's Art Emporium [HIATUS]
by MagpieM » December 21, 2017 05:28 PM
Last Edited: January 07, 2020 06:46 PM
After much thought, I have decided to open a little art shop for Tattered Weave things in exchange for the local currency (i.e. Gems/Shards) .
- I will draw NPCs, your avatar, your 'sonas, AUs, etc. So long as it is Tattered Weave-based, we're good. I am less confident about Kith, so they're not currently available.
- I will not draw anything that I can't post on this website! (That is, no porn. No explicit gore. Nothing that violates the rules.)
- Special note to my Fusion Friends. Alas, your Fusion Folk are non-eligible for Shard/Gem commissions. Happy to take real money for them, though!
- I reserve the right to turn down commissions.
In an effort to keep these simple, my offerings are somewhat limited.
Single Character. Bust to Waist-ish. Sketch or Quick Paint. Backgrounds minimal at very most.
Payment in either Gems or Shards. Gems preferred, but will take Shards.
Prices updated February 2019.
Sketch: 100 Gems / 25,000 Shards
Paint: 400 Gems / 85,000 Shards
- Complicated characters will cost more (but the exact number kinda slides around based on how complicated....)
- If you want more than one character in the same picture, then add 75% to the base price for each additional character. (so 2 characters would be... 175G for sketch and 700G for Paint.)
I am stealing a method I saw here and liked.
Once we've worked out any details that need working out, please send a Trade with a note about your commission and the full agreed upon price. It will sit there in limbo until I finish and send/upload your commission at which point I will accept it.
So, you've read all that and are interested in a commission? Now's the bit where you tell me aaaall about what you want. Not just the who and for how much. I want all the details!
- If I'm drawing your avatar, I need a reference of their look for the picture I am drawing. And since TW's avatars are pretty basic in terms of body types and face shapes, if you have thoughts on those (muscles? chubby? curvy? tall? short? built like a stick insect? round face? oval? heart-shaped?) let me know. Give me reference images if you've got them! Otherwise, descriptive text is good.
- Are you looking for a basic portrait in my style or do you have a pose or an expression or a mood in mind? Tell me about that. References are good here, too.
- Basically, the more information you can give me about what you want, the better! Tell me everything!
- Style notes: my default is gonna be what's in the sample up there, but if you've looked through my illustration dump and want something in any of the million other variants my style has wandered though, that can be done.
- Deadlines! Do you need this by a certain date? Let me know! If you need it in a hurry, I'll have to charge a bit extra for that, too. But otherwise, you should have it within a month!
- Once I know what you want and we've worked out any complicating issues, I'll confirm what I'm drawing and for how much. Then you can send me the Trade. And I can begin drawing!
- It's assumed that it's okay to post your commissions here (and maybe elsewhere on social media) but if you want to keep it private for any reason, that's okay. Let me know if you want 100% privacy or just for me to keep it out of social media or my portfolio.
Use Rights: This art is assumed to be for personal use only, not something you're going to turn around make money off of. Feel free to crop it down to use as icons and post it elsewhere, but credit me. Around TW spaces, telling folks MagpieM made it is good, but elsewhere I am magpiemalarkey on Tumblr and paradoxhorizon on deviantart.
Contact Info: You can post here. You can message me here. You can hit me up on social media. You can email me at mcm [dot] illustration [at] gmail [dot] com. (replace the words in the brackets with the appropriate symbol and forgive my weird old school paranoia about placing my email on forums!)
I also have a Custom Item Shop over here.
I also do commissions for real actual money if you want something non-TW or whatever, please see my Commission Guide (link goes to a Googledoc).
AAaand.... I think that's it! Feel free to ask questions or tell me that my math is wrong. (I'm an artist, not a mathematician!)